Must have permission to copy photos

Saturday, January 30, 2010

2 men and 1 snowy day

Well, as you can see, it snowed a lot last night. I think the offical amount is around 8 inches.
After relaxing all morning, my husband and I drove to our church to take some pictures. The roads were covered which made driving "fun". I will post the church pictures later. Instead, I would like to discuss what a wonderful husband I have. While troopping through the snow to help me find some great pictures to take, he remembered our church's winter shelter for the homeless. Our church, First Presbyterian Church of Greensboro, has opened (for the second year) a shelter for homeless men. The shelter holds approximately 20 men. It provides a warm place for the men to sleep during the winter. Anyway, my husband decided to check on the men to see if there was anything they needed. He came back telling me the men asked for pizza. I just laughed. So off we went to find a pizza place
that was open. Little Ceasar's was closed so we ended up at Domino's on N. Church St. (Anyone believe in signs? Domino's on Church St and buying pizza for men at our church?) As my husband was purchasing 10 large pizzas and 5 orders of breadsticks, he was explaining to the manager what we were doing with the pizzas. This is where I want to give a "shout-out" to this Domino's. The manager, without us asking, donated 4 liters of coke/sprite. I just thought that was such a thoughtful thing for him to do. So..... two men, one I know and one I don't, did something today that made me very proud of them.


4 comments: